See separate list of Sports Clubs and Societies.
Singers - is a ladies' three-part choir based in
Cockermouth performing a varied and uplifting repertoire
at local concerts, charity events and special occasions.
The choir meets term time on Wednesdays, at the United
Reformed Church, Main Street, Cockermouth from 7.00pm-9.15pm.
New members always welcome. Please contact Liz Jackson
(mjack2BL@aol.com) 01900 825799 or Anne-Marie Tiffin
(email@example.com) for further information. Website:
- Cockermouth Amateur
Dramatic Society -Cockermouth has a proud tradition
of amateur dramatics dating all the way back to the
19th Century, one we are proud to follow in the footsteps
of. Set up in 1984, The Cockermouth Amateur Dramatics
Society (CADS) is a community-based organisation, made
up of local volunteers dedicated to putting on a show!
We put on a variety of productions, from dramas and
comedies, to pantos and play readings, working with
and entertaining the whole community. Contact us if
you are interested - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Latino:.Salsa Dancing Lessons; Learn the Mambo,
Merengue & Cuban Salsa Dancing ! Every Monday Night
@The Saints Rooms, Kirkgate Beginners: 7:00 PM; Contacts:
Manuel and Julie Telephone: 01900 826564
Music Society - provides an outstanding concert
programme for the people of and visitors to the northern
- Cockermouth Harmonic Society - a music society dedicated to the furtherance of the choral music tradition within West Cumbria.
Womens Morris Dancers - Photos, music to download,
poetry, diary and reports of the Society, which is based
- Cockermouth Mechanics'
Band Meets every Monday and Thursday at 7.30pm in
Lorton Street Methodist Church. With the Apprentice
Band (for all ages) on Mondays 6.30-7.15pm (term-time).
at Methodist Rooms. Contact via Sarah Cannon (email@example.com)
- Wordsworth Singers
Singing events in West Cumbria
- Osprey Cheerleading - Cockermouth: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Alex Leonard - Programme Director: 07531964236
- The Cockermouth Town Council office is located at the Town Hall, Market Street in Cockermouth, Telephone: 01900 821869.
- The Vicky, Business Centre
High Sands Lane
- Cockermouth Cottage Hospital League of Friends
Flood Action Group (Voluntary independent group)
- Cockermouth First Responders
- Cockermouth Museum
Group - Dedicated to research, record and preserve
the history of Cockermouth and surrounding area. We
stage exhibitions twice a year and pursue areas of research
throughout the year. New members are always welcome.
- Cockermouth Golf Club Contact:Tel. 017687 76223 email@example.com
Website: www.cockermouthgolf.co.uk Fees: Annual: Fees for 2019 will be Full £475,
New in 2019 :Academy membership; £250 first year,£350 second and £450 for third year.
Trial Membership April1 -June 30 2019 £80.
Young Adults Membership: 18-21 years £100 pa, 22-25 years £200 pa, 16-30 £300 pa.
Contact Steve Tel. 01900823896/07592314228.
Cafe Scientifique Modern science/ethics/medicine
presented without slides and in a relaxed and easy-to-understand
way by the practitioners! Meetings at Club Derwent, Main Street, Cockermouth. booking essential;
phone Mike Rose-Troup on 01900 826903 for booking and
all other details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary Club Meets at Hundith Hill Hotel. Contact
can be made through Richard Bennett, the Secretary.
- Cockermouth WI meets on the first Monday of every
month at the Methodist Church Rooms in Lorton Street
from 7pm onwards. All welcome as visitors with the option
to join later.
Cumbria Carers Caring for a family member, friend,
or neighbour who could not manage without your help?
Charity providing advice on coping with being a carer
for adult relative.
- Cockermouth University of the Third
- Cumbria Rural Enterprise
Agency: Helps Rural businesses.
- Bridekirk Parish Council website www.bridekirkparish.org.uk
- Croft Bowling Club
- Soroptimist Internation Cockermouth and District www.cockermouthsoroptimists.co.uk
- Cockermouth Stamp Club: For information, please contact
Mike Roberts (email@example.com) or phone 07885839622.
Astronomical Society - A very informal group of
amateur astronomers, sky-watchers and armchair enthusiasts,
all of whom share an interest in, and love of the night
- The Cockermouth and
District Civic Society was formed in 1967 to focus
the concern of many local people for the preservation
of the character of the town.
- The Chamber of Trade...http://www.cockermouthbusiness.org
- Cumbria CVS: 6 Hobson Court, Gillan Way, Penrith,Cumbria CA11 9GQ. Tel: 01768 800350. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorton and Derwent Fells Local History Society
- Uma Kadampa Buddhist Centre Meditation classes. Thursdays
7.30 - 9.00pm, Drop in Meditation Class, Cockermouth,
North Lakes Clinic. www.MeditateinNorthCumbria.org.uk
View Childcare; based at St Josephs Catholic Primary
Derwent Railway Society - is dedicated to the preservation
of local railway artefacts and railway heritage in Cumbria.
Mountain Rescue Team - The official mountain rescue
team covering the Buttermere, Ennerdale, Lorton and
Loweswater valley areas of the Lake District.
Cumbria Dyslexia Association...Help and advice provided.
Beekeepers Association - Details of membership and
Cumbria Friends of the Earth - tel 01900 814391
for more details. We meet on the first Tuesday of the
month in the Friends Meeting House Kirkgate at 7.45pm
- Cumbria Wine Society - tel 016973 23997. The society, (formerly the Higham Wine Club), meets at Hundith Hill Hotel, near Cockermouth for tastings and other events about 10 times a year. New members are always very welcome.
- CAMRA (Real Ale) West Cubria website. http://camrawestcumbriaguides.org.uk/index.html
- Cockermouth Ski Club.
Contact: Joe Broomfield, email@example.com Website : www.cockermouthskiclub.co.uk Meets: Various times and locations in Cockermouth - see the club website for further details Ages: 18+ Fees: Annual: £10. Arranges annual ski trips.
- West Cumbria Skeptics. http://westcumbriasitp.org/
The list above is those societies with websites. If we
have missed yours out just let us know.